Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first . We are currently seeking a Rate Analyst to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver exceptional and timely service to external customers on rates, service scheduling, tracing and special handling requirements
- Audit rates in the freight management software in order to determine profitability of individual shipments, accounts, commodities, or locations/lanes
- Assist as needed on complete costing of accounts to ensure profitability
- Develop freight rates and freight rate packages for new business opportunities and current customers
- Prepare presentation of rate and service packages for current customers and potential business clients
- Provide rate quotes for customer shipments on a one-time spot basis or for continuing business
- Support sales, customer service and A/R departments to resolve rate disputes
- Maintain and administer partner pricing within freight management software
- Create ad-hoc reports on operational functions as necessary
- Maintain weekly and periodic fuel surcharge tracking system
- Practice and promote a safe work environment by following all safety procedures
- Assists with other duties in support of department and operational goals and objectives
Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Commerce is preferred, however comparable experience and education will be considered. Ideally, candidates should be able to demonstrate strong organizational skills to manage multiple deadlines for different projects while managing multiple tasks. Superior analytical skills to analyze reports and information, and recommend next steps to be taken. Superior computer knowledge and skills with an in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office software and an emphasis on Excel and Word required. The candidate will be required to complete advanced spreadsheet development and analysis.
What we offer:
A work environment focused on continuous improvement supported by autonomy and empowerment with a competitive base salary; extended health care benefits; life and disability insurance; retirement packages (Matched pension, RSP, Stock Options); and profit sharing program.
View original article here Source