- Baccalaureate degree in a health care discipline required. Masters degree preferred
- Current registration in a professional association/licensure in relevant discipline
- Current BCLS certification.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience with demonstrated management and leadership skills in hospital management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication abilities.
Demonstrated participatory management style which fosters an interdisciplinary, collaborative environment that supports quality patient care.
Demonstrated skills in labour relations management.
Self-directed and demonstrates creative problem-solving in both patient and administrative matters.
- Possesses a commitment to self-development.
- Assumes responsibility for the operational management and coordination of patient care within the resources available.
Facilitates the use of critical thinking to ensure high quality patient care.
- Establishes an open communication network.
Participates in the selection and evaluation of human resources.
Promotes the advancement of health care knowledge.
- Participates in risk management activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position description is representative and should not be construed as being all inclusive.
Salary: commensurate with education and qualifications.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
Your cover letter/resume and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. All applicants must apply online before the closing date to be considered. Thank you for your interest with Grace Hospital. Only those considered will be contacted.