- Licensure through a CA, CGA or CMA professional association required.
- Graduate of a health care, hospital administration or business administration program (major in Finance or Accounting), an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years recent accounting and finance experience required, preferably in the healthcare system.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and methodologies required.
- Knowledge of the health care system, particularly in the acute care sector, preferred.
- The ability to review, analyze and interpret financial and statistical data and reports is required.
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheet and database applications, required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- The ability to work independently and interact with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders is required.
- Experienced with large information project implementation, data management, and information management is an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates competent in an Aboriginal language and/or knowledgeable in Aboriginal customs, beliefs, and practices.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
The incumbent, under the general direction of the Director(s) of Patient Services, Surgery and Surgical Processes and the Medical Director and Administrative Director, Anesthesia, is responsible for the financial aspects of the Surgery and Anesthesia Programs. As a member of the Health Sciences Centre HSC) site Surgery/Anesthesia Program Teams, the analyst provides strong financial planning in matters related to the operation of the programs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: The incumbent is required to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
Salary: commensurate with education and qualifications
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).