Position # 20052672
ALL VGH EMPLOYEES REFLECT OUR HOSPITAL’S PHILOSOPHY BY CONTINUOUSLY PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE/CARE.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Previous recent related experience an asset.
- Ability to effectively: organize workload and establish priorities; read, write legibly, and follow oral and written instructions; communicate and work harmoniously with others; perform standard operating procedures relative to the position.
- Good physical and mental health to meet the requirements of the position.
- Acceptable deportment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide continuous quality services.
- General cleaning and disinfecting of building and equipment in area assigned.
- Operates manual or electrical equipment necessary to the job function.
- Hand washes items as required.
- Removes garbage.
- Maintains a clean and tidy work area, including equipment.
- Initiates requisitions for Department Head approval.
- Temporarily relieves, replaces or assists other staff.
- Maintains replaces and/or delivers required quotas of supplies for area of assigned responsibility.
- Collects soiled supplies.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Note: This job description is representative and should not be construed as being all inclusive.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, a Child Abuse Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check (valid within 6 months of issue). The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Any application/resume received after the deadline closing date will be marked late and not included in the competition.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).