People Corporation is a leading national provider of group benefits, group retirement and human resource services with over 900 employees servicing over 8,000 clients of all sizes from start-up stage to enterprise. The Company has offices across Canada; each led by a team of experts and backed by the resources of a national company that is traded on the TSX-V. Managing approximately $2 billion in annual premiums, and administering $10 billion in pension assets, our industry experts provide uniquely valuable insight while customizing our innovative suite of services to the specific needs of our clients.
To support our growing business and strategic plan, we are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our offices in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will report to the Assistant Controller.
As a member of the Finance Department team, the Senior Accountant is responsible to provide accurate, timely and relevant information to external stakeholders of the Company, from which they are able to make informed decisions and to safeguard intangible and tangible assets.
The Senior Accountant will play an important role in Company’s general ledger/ full-cycle accounting function, performance management and financial analysis, and financial reporting.
- Acts as a key member of the period-end close process
- Preparing journal entries
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, such as prepaid expenses, trade and non-trade payable accruals, payroll/ bonus accruals, inter-company balances, fixed assets and depreciation
- Works collaboratively with the Finance team, including revenue/ receivables and expenses/ payables, to complete daily full-cycle accounting duties
- Provides support to the internal performance management function through revenue and expense analysis and variance explanations
- Participating in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Liaises with internal stakeholders to assist with their accounting and informational needs
- Ad-Hoc Reporting
- Other duties as required to support the finance team
- 3 Years relevant work experience
- Must be fluent in french
- CPA designation or close to completion
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills to handle dynamic and frequently changing priorities
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- French (Required)
View original article here Source