Summary of Position: Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a great experience, they will want to return again and again to the Hotel
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of The Bistro food and beverage operations
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system (micros) which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Making sandwiches and burgers etc. at the front (Hands ON and Online Training will be provided)
- Maintain clean service areas, maintain and keep all equipment in good working order and report any deficiencies immediately to the manager/supervisor on duty.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Bistro/Banquets food and beverage operations as directed by the Food and Beverage Manager or immediate supervisor.
- Be able to work a variety of shifts as business required; AM, PM, Weekends, Holidays, Split Shifts (**NOTE HOTEL IS LOOKING FOR PRIMARILY MORNING AND DAYTIME SHIFTS**)
- Be able to communicate and understand English (verbally, reading and writing) of our guests.
- Have great customer service skills, be able to anticipate and exceed guest’s expectations
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and steps of service procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily manoeuvre trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds
- Smart Serve/ or equivalent certified
- Food Handler certified
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- restaurant: 1 year (Required)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- Food Handler (Required)
- ServSafe or equivalent (Required)
- English (Preferred)
View original article here Source