VIA Rail Canada Inc. is currently seeking 3 Chefs in Winnipeg.
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt appreciation for their business. We share your belief and have built our reputation on providing excellent service, in a safe and secure environment.
Work on board of trains as a chef with a Red Seal Certification!
Based in Winnipeg, you will make the routes of Winnipeg-Toronto or Winnipeg-Vancouver even more delightful for passengers:
- plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities
- prepare and cook meals and specialty foods
- adapt dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- ensure quality of food and portion control
- manage the requisition of food, kitchen supplies and equipment
- supervise a kitchen employee, if required
If routine is not your ”cup of tea”, you like challenges and can thrive under pressure, you will connect with our customer service team. Satisfying customers tactfully always prevails over occasional irritants and unpleasant situations.
Some important details about the job:
From May until October with possibility of being called back for the following year.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
You are available to work:
- in a small and warm environment, washing dishes
- on weekends and holidays
- up to 60 hours in 4 days
- for extended periods (approx. 4-5 days) away from home
You will follow a three-week program which must be successfully completed before obtaining the position.
You must be available for training session starting on March 16th, 2020
during training: $15.00/hour
once position obtained: $29.24$/hour
View original article here Source