Under the general supervision of the Operations Coordinator, the Service Desk Representative performs duties in support of the Service Desk.
As the Clerk B – Service Desk Representative you will:
- Fulfills the IS Service Desk function during prime shift hours by providing first line support to I.T. users.
- Develops and initiates Operational References for Service Desk first line resolution
- Receives I.T. service requests and service restorations via phone, email, or web form as the first-line Customer liaison.
- Records and tracks I.T. service requests and service restorations within the BMC Remedy application.
- Keeps customers informed on request status and progress.
- Makes an initial assessment of I.T. service requests and service restorations, attempts to resolve them or refer them to second level support.
- Monitors and escalates I.T. service requests and service restorations relative to the defined Service Level targets.
- Manages the request life-cycle, including incorrect assignments, ticket closure and verification when required.
- Communicates and tracks planned, unplanned, and elevated risk events to Customers.
- Provides 24×7 on-call support for off-prime supported applications.
- Provides recommendations for service management process improvements.
- May be required to take courses pertaining to development
- Performs other duties, pertaining to the Operations environment, as assigned by the Operations Coordinator
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 High School Diploma or equivalent GED, supplemented by a Post-Secondary Certificate in Business and/or Office Procedures, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a customer service oriented environment
- Experience working in an I.T. Service Desk or Help Desk environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience working with confidential information with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience in prioritizing tasks among many competing requests to meet deadlines.
- Experience interpreting and explain complex processes and procedures.
- Experience documenting and improving processes and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Understanding of Operating Systems, Applications and Networking technologies.
- Understanding of service management processes in accordance with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework would be an asset
- Experience using the BMC Remedy Application would be an asset.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain Police Information Search information please visit: www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- Ability to work 24×7 on a rotational basis.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
View original article here Source