**FLEXIBILITY IS A MUST INCLUDING WEEKENDS**
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for Commissary – General Labour (Part Time)to work in our flight kitchen located at Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A Commissary Attendant completes a variety of tasks relating to assembling food items on upright carts and airline equipment, including tray setups. Tray setups must follow airline specifications and usually include tray, paper tray liner, cup, plates, dessert, salad, snacks, bread, butter, condiments, and eating utensils.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Assemble aircraft bar trollies based upon predetermined specifications
- Manually load various confectionary items (including alcohol) for passenger dispersal during inflight service
- Monitor trollies prior to delivery for accuracy and security
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple/rotating shifts (days/afternoons/nights), weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive to work on-time
- Pass a criminal background check
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- Follow directions
- Work as a member of a team
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- May work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Subject to cold temperatures (ranging from +5 degrees to +2degrees Celsius)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking – Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging – understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring – influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving – delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment criminal check.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Gourmet Canada (“GGCA”) collects, uses and discloses to authorized parties personal information required for the purposes of hiring and administering the employment relationship if a job candidate is hired, including determining benefit eligibility. GGCA may disclose this type of information to third parties for these purposes or as otherwise required by law. Personal information includes information about you that you provided during the application process (e.g. through your application form, resume, etc.), during your employment interviews, or otherwise collected or obtained by GGCA during the hiring process or your employment. You authorize GGCA’s sharing of this information among GGCA’s affiliates, service providers and benefits providers for the purposes stated above, which may be in a foreign country including those located in the United States and Europe. You understand that once transferred, such information will become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which it is located and may be accessed by courts, law enforcement, regulators and national security authorities in the foreign jurisdiction. Information about GGCA’s policies and practices regarding the use of service providers outside of Canada may be requested from the Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. By clicking “Apply” below, you acknowledge that you have reviewed this notice and consent to the above.