MA MAWI WI CHI ITATA CENTRE, INC
EXTERNAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
August 21, 2019
Position Title: Community Helper (For Every Family Initiative)
Classification: Term (March 31, 2020) Part-Time
Monday-Friday (3:30pm – 8:30pm) & Saturday (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Location: Spence Community Care Site
Salary: Subject to Qualifications
As a member of the Spence Community Care Site / Community Helper Team, the Community Helper will be responsible to provide services to children, youth and families residing primarily in the Neighborhood catchment area, in partnership with local residents and other community based agencies.
The Community Care Helper must be willing to work evening‘s and Saturday’s with ability to enter data daily.
- Initiate, develop and implement programs and services that address specific needs, as determined by the community members of the neighborhood catchment;
- Experience working with community structures and community development processes;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Indigenous and Non-Indigenous organizations;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word & Excel with keyboarding ability;
- Efficient and accurate data entry experience;
- Keen organizational skills;
- Be a team player with effective results;
- Work at a high level of independence;
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills;
- Respectful in order to engage people and build helping relationships;
- Strong motivational and leadership skills;
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license and access to a vehicle would be considered an asset;
- A current updated Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry must be provided, noting that all employees are also subject to a Prior Contact Check.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., August 28, 2019
ATTENTION: Jacqueline Trout
Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc.
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, MB R4H 0B7
Job Type: Part-time
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- English (Required)
View original article here Source