J.S. Held is a leading multidisciplinary consulting firm in construction advisory services, property damage, forensic architectural & engineering services, environmental, health & safety and forensic accounting services.
We are seeking a Contents Specialist to work out of our Winnipeg, MB office. In this entry level position, the successful candidate will be trained to provide high-quality Contents Appraisal control and inspection services related to the property insurance field. This is a challenging and rewarding role for an ambitious individual and involves travel to post loss sites, collecting information, analyzing, pricing and creating reports.
J.S. Held is focused on learning and development and is continually looking to attract and retain top talent who are creative, self-motivated, and organized.
- Perform the necessary work to provide replacement costs and depreciated cash value valuations of contents on personal and commercial losses
- Perform site inspections to qualify and quantify damaged contents
- Prepare the replacement cost and depreciated cost appraisals reports
- Coordinate communications between all stakeholders
- Establish costs, depreciation and location pricing impacts
- Review all final appraisal packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal submission and recommendation
- Successfully participate and complete all internal and external training
- Perform additional assignments per manager’s direction
- Travel as required to fulfill above noted duties
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for transportation for company business
- Must have proficient computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn various electronic and manual estimating systems
- Strong analytical skills and effective communications skills are essential for this
- Previous experience in a Customer Service or Sales role is considered an asset
- Related work experience in the insurance or restoration industry considered an asset
- A full background check will be required
JS Held offers a competitive salary and opportunity to earn commissions. Total compensation also includes vacation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
View original article here Source