About Winnipeg School Division
Winnipeg School Division (WSD) nurtures a welcoming and inclusive culture of people committed to working together to inspire students to reach goals and achieve academic success. WSD is the largest school division in the Province of Manitoba with over 33,000 students and 5,000 employees. To ensure WSD’s continued success as a leader in education and innovation, we’re committed to finding and developing the right people to join our team.
The Secretary-Treasurer’s Department is responsible for the corporate secretary and business functions of the Winnipeg School Division (WSD), including: the administrative management of the functions of the Board of Trustees, its committees and related matters; legal matters and liaison with WSD solicitors; contract administration; records management; and the administration of the business affairs of the WSD.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performs school financial audits in accordance with the Division’s policies, procedures and guidelines and in compliance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Ensures that Divisional departments and schools are adhering to proper accounting practices and procedures; identifies and recommends necessary changes to existing policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating areas of risk and provides input to the development of the annual internal audit plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Assesses information technology control elements to mitigate IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information.
- Responds to general questions and inquiries pertaining to school accounting system and procedures.
- Delivers written reports and oral presentations as required in communicating results of the audit and consulting projects.
- Represents internal auditing on organizational project teams and at management meetings.
- Participates in the development of financial policies and procedures.
- Participates in the vendor review and analysis of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Participates as a member of project teams to plan the trial, assessment and staged implementation of new or revised systems.
- The successful applicant must possess a University degree or college Diploma from a recognized college or institute, or a combination of equivalent experience and education.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in internal auditing, accounting and budgeting, business analysis, operations and/or program evaluation.
- Pursuing an accounting/internal audit designation is an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency of an advanced level in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The successful applicant will possess excellent communication skills, be able to work as part of a team and will have the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Proficiency and knowledge in Division based software, policies, procedures, and collective agreements would be an asset.
- Current Manitoba Driver’s License and reliable vehicle are required.
How to apply:
Click the button “Apply Online” and log into your account. First time users will be required to create a profile to apply.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 4, 2019 at 4:00PM
Winnipeg School Division
We thank all interested individuals, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Employment is subject to a clear Child Abuse Registry check and Police Information Check
Winnipeg School Division has an Employment Equity policy which strives toward a fair representation of women, Indigenous peoples, persons living with a disability and minorities at all levels within the organization.
View original article here Source