The Kettle Worker provides the secure and courteous oversight of a designated Christmas Kettle.
This is a temporary position with variable hours up to 40 per week from November 15 – December 24, 2019.
Closing date is November 13, 2019.
- Greets and thanks donors courteously
- Presents a positive image (well-groomed/dressed) for TSA while on duty
- Remains at the Kettle for the full shift (until relieved), ensuring security of donations received
- Responds to questions/queries from potential donors regarding SA ministries and programs
- Required to stand for long periods
- Some locations are indoors, some are outside.
- Performs other duties as assigned
NOTE: Not all incumbents perform all of the duties described above but perform a similar range of duties
Minimum Education Level Attained:
The successful job applicant will have completed High School.
NOTE: An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable.
Special Licenses, Diplomas, Certifications or Requirements:
- Criminal Record Check
Minimum Prior Related Experience:
- Up to three months of prior related experience.
Physical Effort/Dexterity Required:
The performance of the job requires continuously hosting the kettle and ringing bells.
The performance of the job requires greeting & thanking donors courteously.
Responsibility for Financial Resources:
The incumbent is involved in minor financial matters regularly, or on a relief basis, or has responsibility for the wise use of his/her own resources. He/She May be authorized to spend, disburse, or collect small amounts of cash.
Responsibility for Human Resources:
The incumbent is responsible for his/her own time and effort only. He/She may demonstrate work methods to new employees, volunteers and/or students.
The incumbent will work under the following disagreeable conditions:
- For some – outdoor kettles means continual exposure to elements
- Standing for long periods of time
- Shifts & Weekends
The incumbent is not required to travel.
Exposure to Hazards:
- The job incumbent may be exposed to the risk of minor to moderate injury or illnesses due to: Standing outside for long periods of time
- Cold weather.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable Human Rights Legislation. If you require a disability related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
In accordance with The Salvation Army policy and legislated requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials and completion of a background check.
Internal Applicants: Please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $11.65 /hour
View original article here Source