We’re looking for a keen, results-oriented Legal Assistant to join our In-house Legal Team to assist us in meeting the demands of our growing company.
The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Legal Affairs, and will be responsible for providing direct support to our team of three Lawyers, Department Manager and our Corporate and Regulatory Compliance Officer.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading of correspondence and basic legal documents and agreements
- Scheduling and calendaring of meetings and deadlines
- Maintenance of paper and electronic files and other clerical duties
- Preparation and filing of corporate and regulatory documents under the supervision of the Corporate and Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Administrative support to the Corporate Secretary and Board of Directors
- Preparation of expense reports
- Coordination of travel and related logistics
- Post-secondary education related to administrative studies with a Legal Assistant certification from an accredited college is preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years’ previous clerical or administrative experience within the legal field
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, manage tight time deadlines and balance competing priorities
- Punctual, adaptable and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong proofreading ability
- Demonstrated professionalism including the ability to work with confidential and sensitive information, interact with a wide variety of audiences including board members, executive management, employees and clients
- Familiarity with legal terminology and procedures preferred
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Pollard Banknote Limited
140 Otter Street Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
View original article here Source