Valard, is Canada’s premier utility contractor, as well as head of the Valard Group of Companies AND part of the Quanta Group, the largest electrical power contractor in North America. Valard has full-service capabilities for transmission, distribution, substations, foundations, telecommunications and renewable energy.
The Logistics Supervisor is a dynamic, fast paced role. The Logistics Supervisor will coordinate heavy haul transportation and material deliveries required for the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain and evolve a daily/weekly/monthly schedule of all transportation personnel and resources related to operations on the project.
- Order and coordinate transportation permits to ensure deliveries are on time.
- Work closely with construction management, crew foremen, fleet management and project managers to ensure the schedule is up to date
- Collaborate with project and senior management to anticipate upcoming workload and ensures appropriate crew and fleet allocation
- Identify and communicate workload efficiencies based on crew location, composition and customer expectations
- Develop and refine work flow processes to maximize schedule benefits
- Interact with project, safety and operations management to ensure employees are appropriately trained for assigned work
- Schedule training and other non-project required activities in collaboration with external departments
- Develop and communicate reports on resource allocation and availability
- Ability to work with and develop relationships with people in all areas of the organization
- Work away from home for 21-7 day shifts.
- Ability to work in an office and field environment.
- Knowledge of the trucking industry and transportation equipment
- Desire and ability to work in a fast passed and changing environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of process mapping and flow
- Experienced and comfortable with decision making and problem solving
- Strong understanding of general business principles
- Effective interpersonal and team building skills
- General computer knowledge. Use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum five years related experience.
- Extensive experience in obtaining permits in AB, SK, MB, ON.
- Class 1 Licence
- Experience with combination trailers and over-dimensional loads
- Trades experience would be helpful.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to plan and organize training and events.
- Ability to understand systems and use technology efficiently to execute tasks.
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity at all times.
- Effective management of ongoing deadlines and pressures in a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, and work both independently and as part of a team.
Valard Construction LP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
Please forward resume and cover letter in confidence through the posting on this page: https://valard-construction-lp.workable.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
View original article here Source