Requisition ID: 14879
Position Number: 20031829
Posting End Date: November 16, 2018
Site: Victoria General Hospital
Department / Unit: Nursing Admin-Facility Pat Care Managers
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Other
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 hours
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Facility Patient Care Manager is responsible for overseeing the management of patient care, bed utilization and administrative functions of the Hospital in the absence of Senior Administrative personnel. The Facility Manager will ensure that the delivery of required health care services is consistent with the values, philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of Victoria General Hospital. He/she ensures staffing needs are sufficiently met through guidance, adjustments and casual call replacements, in consultation with senior management and the staffing office.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated knowledge and skill in acute Hospital management.
- Bachelors in Nursing required; Masters Degree preferred.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Registration with CRNM or affiliate professional registering body of the applicant.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with all categories of staff in all Programs/Services.
- Demonstrated independent decision making skills essential.
- Demonstrated excellence of written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to foster an interdisciplinary collaborative environment.
- Mental and physical health to meet the demands of the position.
Salary commensurate with education and qualifications.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.