A Winnipeg based printing company has an immediate opening for a PRINT PRODUCTION PLANNER / CUSTOMER SERVICE representative
This is a full-time position. Experience is absolutely required. Must be willing to work some overtime as needed.
Overview of the position:
The print production planner / customer service rep works with the sales executive to oversee the production of each client’s project from inception through shipping. In addition, the successful candidate will represent the company in related planning discussions, help monitor quality control, and manage issue resolution.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Layout and job ticket planning – all aspects of the printing process, including securing paper, ink, press and bindery layouts, shipping coordination, etc. Primary resource and back up for the Sales group. Provide solutions, develop pricing and provides original/revised job requirements to Planning.
- Enter orders into production; issue and revise instructions for manufacturing
- Preflight supplied files to ensure they match job specifications
- Maintain active communication with and provide job status updates to customer, sales and manufacturing.
- Facilitate the resolution of production-related issues
- Strong technical printing skills – layouts, equipment functionality, substrates knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through years of applicable work experience.
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative suite an asset
- Previous experience in commercial and book printing — sheetfed offset and digital preferred.
- No phone calls, please!
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits plan
Job Type: Full-time
- Printing Industry: 1 year (Required)
View original article here Source