Do you believe that leading with passion and taking risks is what’s needed to contribute to the creation of healthy people and a healthy planet? Do you want to join a team of like-minded visionaries who believe that nutritious and sustainable ingredients are the future of food? Join the Pulse Canada team and help us change the way people think about food. Pulse Canada is the national association of growers, traders and processors of Canadian pulses, also known as lentils, dry peas, beans and chickpeas. Learn more at www.pulsecanada.com.
SENIOR MANAGER, FOOD INNOVATION & MARKETING
Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, this important role is a unique exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, collaborative and innovative individual. The Senior Manager, Food Innovation & Marketing will support Pulse Canada’s team in the development and execution of strategies to increase pulse utilization in domestic and international markets to meet Pulse Canada’s 25 by 2025 target. More specifically, this position plays a lead role in building capacity and driving growth in pulse ingredient processing sector and creating demand for Canadian pulses. Reporting to the Vice President, Market Innovation, and working closely with the Pulse Canada team, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- increase growth in pulse flour processing and use of Canadian pulses in fractionation and flour milling;
- develop and manage excellent relationships with flour millers and pulse ingredient fractionators in North America and internationally;
- understand, and maintain knowledge of the global pulse processing sector, Canadian pulse processing supply chains and the food ingredient sector;
- act as the Canadian pulse industry expert on pulse processing, providing the latest information on the “value-proposition” (nutrition, sustainability, cost, functionality) and milling strategies for Canadian pulses; and,
- monitor pulse milling and processing research, creating R&D partnerships to explore innovative strategies using Canadian pulses and to address technical challenges.
- post-secondary degree in Food Science, Food Engineering or relevant related field;
- proven ability to identify, pursue, and develop excellent networks and relationships with stakeholders in the milling and processing industry and with Pulse Canada membership;
- knowledge and experience in the grain and/or pulse milling and processing industry;
- experience in developing and implementing market strategies, work plans and budgets;
- demonstrated project management experience considered an asset;
- excellent communicator including written, verbal and engaging presentation skills;
- proven team player that embraces a team environment and delivers timely accurate results;
- self-motivated, works independently and shows ingenuity and sound judgement in approaches to professional challenges; and,
- available to travel within North America and internationally.
Salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and ability.
Applications must be received by October 30, 2019.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
View original article here Source