Reporting to (First Level) : Property General Managers (GMs)
Reporting to (Second Level) : National Director of Sales & Marketing – MLS Management (NDOS)
The Senior Sales Manager will provide daily leadership, direction & management support for their assigned property(ies) with the support of the National Director of Sales(NDOS). By applying the principles of strategic account management, this position will partner with the NDOS and the property Leadership team, to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share and exceed the annual operation budget of their hotels. As Senior Sales Manager, this individual will develop strong partnerships together with SM for all accounts for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for hotel in both Preferred Corporate and group Segment. The position will focus specifically on growing market share from transient and group revenue.
The Senior Sales Manager will execute the overall account strategy for assigned accounts/ market assigned while providing daily leadership at the property level for the SMs and Sales Administrator to generate and maximize business for the property. Overall, the position is accountable for the following:
· Develop and implement the overall account strategy for assigned accounts. Execute sales strategy to achieve property goals with the assistance of the property SM, NDOS and GM.
· Retain, expand and grow account revenue of existing accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives. Penetrate assigned accounts for group and transient, as well as exploring opportunities for extended stay and catering sales business. Maintain current business Accounts for new business within accounts.
· Review and assist with training and ensure SMs are and aggressively soliciting new accounts in coordination with assistance of the NDOS and Above Property Brand Sales when required.
· Gain understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
· Develop and implement and monitor strategic sales plans. Execute designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
· Collaborate and engage third parties that are sourced through the organization for their individual travel or group planning needs.
· Ensuring that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
· Build and strengthen Accounts with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include outside sales calls, telephone prospecting, entertainment, Site inspections, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
· Understand the overall market dynamics – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell to assigned accounts. Act as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities. Identify emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provide feedback to key stakeholders (i.e. property Leadership).
· Leverage appropriate Above Property Sales and property Leadership to ensure account saturation, pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
· Develop a close working relationship with Operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
· Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, writing catering confirmation, Event Orders and customer correspondence).
· Assist with Monthly sales reporting and review with SMs
· Establish and maintain accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity data each account in Delphi Sales and Catering to ensure accurate reporting.
· Effectively resolve guest issues that arise in the sales process. Bring issues to the attention of the property leadership , NDOS as appropriate.
· Execute and support Marriott and Hilton International’s brand and Customer Service Standards, in addition to the hotel’s operational standards.
· Participate in and practice daily service basics of the brands.
· Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
·Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a Account and loyalty to Marriott International.
· Continually uncover new business opportunities for the MLS Management Ltd. Family of hotels.
· Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Must have minimum of Five (5) years hospitality sales experience or like industry with a proven track record demonstrating assertive development of new accounts.
- Brand Sales (Marriott, Hilton) Experience is an asset
- Hospitality Degree or Diploma an asset.
- Must possess superior English language communication skills (written and verbal), excellent computer skills (required: Microsoft, Excel, Power Point.
- Knowledge of a Client Relationship Management system(CRM), i.e. Opera or Delphi is an asset.
- Highly energetic, aggressive self-starter and well developed sales skills including negotiating.
- Team player Must have a valid driver’s license, own transportation, willing to work flexible hours, and be available to travel on occasion.
- Valid Drivers licence
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hotel Brand: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manitoba (Required)
View original article here Source