Requisition ID: 13646
Position Number: 20057024
Posting End Date: October 19, 2018
Site: Misericordia Health Centre
Department / Unit: Sleep Disorder Centre
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: IUOE/OEM 987D
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: ASAP – 03/09/2019
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.5
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $18.582, $19.139, $19.713, $20.305, $20.914, $21.541
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Reporting to the Office Systems Supervisor, the Stenographer II performs clerical, data entry, and receptionist duties for BreastCheck, CancerCare Manitoba.
- Experience in a health care environment involving interaction with patients and the public.
- Experience organizing and managing patient data.
- Graduate of a medical office or unit clerk course. An acceptable combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Successful completion of a course in medical terminology is required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to operate in a windows computer environment including data entry is required.
- Keyboarding skills required.
- Works within the Centre’s core values, philosophy, vision, C.Q.I. goals, policies and procedures
- Must be able to work cooperatively and courteously with all Centre personnel and medical staff.
- Must possess developed interpersonal skills in order to handle all verbal and written communication.
- Must be interested and proficient in detailed work.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and frequent interruptions.
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with the Personal Health Information Act.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing education and participates in professional activities for personal and professional growth.
- Receives on the job training from the Office Systems Supervisor and managers of Operation and Development Education. Attains competence in three (3) months.
- One (1.0) position is required to have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English and French.
- Physical health to meet the requirements of the position.
“This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.”
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.