- Empowering individuals to gain and maintain independent living situations (apartments, rooming houses etc.)
- Assisting with apartment management, liaising with landlords, and Employment and Income Assistance (EIA)
- Grocery shopping
- Assisting with access to medical care and other community resources
- The job will require day, evening and weekend shifts
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education in the area(s) of disability services, addictions, mental health, and related education
- Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities
- Knowledge of FASD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Schizophrenia, Borderline Personalities, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder would be an asset
- Effective problem-solving ability & strong communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Shift work can include days, evenings, and weekends
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is also a requirement. Access to a vehicle is required. A current Driver’s Abstract must be provided
- Ability to provide personal care to participants is sometimes a job requirement
The salary range is $15.50 to $21.70 per hour (equivalent to $28,210 to $39,494 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. A full benefits package is provided to regular full time and part time staff.
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record and Adult/Child Abuse Registry Checks; and must supply a current driver’s abstract.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by December 16 to:
Supported Independent Living
514 St. Mary avenue. Winnipeg, MB R3C 0N6
Fax: (204) 786-2686
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
View original article here Source