Ready to embrace your new adventure?
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is a regional craft brewer with points of presence in northern Ontario, Minnesota and soon to be Manitoba.
TAPROOM & RETAIL MANAGER
We are building a unique microbrewery and tasting room in downtown Winnipeg, located in the soon to be launched Hargrave St Market in True North Square. Lake of the Woods is seeking a hardworking, skilled, enthusiastic and motivated craft beer lover to join our energetic team. The Taproom & Retail Manager position is multi-faceted and a key role in our young and dynamic company.
The primary focus of this position is managing the day-to-day operations of the brewery taproom and retail store. This position is fast-paced, extremely engaging, and very social in nature. The location could not be more unique, being located in the heart of downtown Winnipeg in the newly constructed True North Square complex. The successful candidate must be outgoing in order to create and maintain memorable and exciting experiences for Lake of the Woods supporters; organizational skills to efficiency lead a growing retail/tasting room team; strong leadership qualities; and a strong ability to communicate with others.
This role is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Reports to the General Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Must love craft beer! With the knowledge and passion to discuss our beers with guests
- Act as a brand ambassador and build relationships with customers and corporate clients
- Weekly scheduling of shop staff
- Creating and managing weekly task(s) list for shop employees
- Interfacing with logistics for ordering of store merchandise, store supplies
- Responsible body on-site, flexibility of work hours
- Bi-weekly meetings with staff
- Supervise the daily operations of retail store and taproom
- Work in the shop on a daily basis
- Staff education exercises (beer tastings, brewery visits, programming)
- Daily Cash Out reports – provided to Finance Controller
- Execute staff training procedures, assist in hiring for location and incentivize staff for a fun, dynamic work environment
- Site cleanliness and enforcement of health and safety
- Oversee and fulfill online store orders
- Inventory Management and reconciliation – daily reports
- Contribute to the LOWBrewCo social media channels
- Work in tandem Events Management and Brewing Staff on private events
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a retail environment
- Passion for all things Craft Beer – previous industry experience an asset (ie Beer Advocate/Liquor Rep, bartending)
- Managerial and/or supervisory experience in a retail environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software quickly (GiveX, Quickbooks, Ekos)
- High energy individual with exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Smart Choices Certified
- Ability to work alone independently and in a team environment
- 18 years or older, flexible work schedule
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is all about fresh, local handcrafted beer. Our company is growing, young and dynamic. Excellence in everything we do – the beer, the guest experience, quality of product are all top of mind. If you feel you are the right match for this position please send a covering letter and C.V. – and put in the subject the position you are applying for. PLEASE NOTE: only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted by Lake of the Woods Brewing Company.
THE FINE PRINT: Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications; without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working age.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Serving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
View original article here Source