This position in an indefinite term and can end with 24 hours notice.
Under the direction of the Patient Care Manager or designate, the Recreation Facilitator develops and implements a variety of therapeutic, leisure and recreational programs for individual patients/residents, small groups and large groups. The Recreation Facilitator is a participating member of the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for contributing to Patient Focused Care.
- Therapeutic Recreation Facilitator for Older Adults (RRC), or Baccalaureate degree in Recreation Studies, or equivalent
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Previous experience providing Recreation Facilitator services in a long-term care or rehabilitation setting an asset.
- Recommended membership in Recreation Connections Manitoba or equivalent.
- Knowledge of therapeutic recreation principles.
- Knowledge of relevant Workplace Safety and Health responsibilities.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to express ideas and thoughts in English both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and plan for individual, small and large group programs.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer applications.
- Familar with MDS (Minimal Data Set) applications an asset.
- Ability to work within financial guidelines/parameters.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patients/residents, family members and coworkers.
- Ability to work safely without injury to self, to patients/residents, or to other staff.
- Physical and mental health to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
It is understood that the duties and responsibilities contained in this Position Description are representative of those necessary to carry out the functions of the position however they do not limit the incumbent from performing other related duties.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Search), Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.