A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant working in our downtown Calgary Corporate office. This position will support member(s) of our executive team in a fast paced and detail-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be personable, confident, calm under pressure, self-motivated, and professional.
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide operational, administrative and logistical support for the executive team, maximizing their effectiveness and time-management, as well as developing and managing administrative processes with autonomy, discretion and the highest degree of confidentiality. This position will also provide planning, coordination and executional support to our executive team on various events and initiatives as appropriate.
A typical day
• Organize and provide logistical and administrative support to the executive team.
• Act as a trusted liaison between the executive team and clients and other stakeholders.
• Ensure effective communications between executive team and the leadership team, as well as other managers and employees.
• Manage executive administrative tasks and projects of a highly confidential nature requiring independent and absolute discretion
• Manage and support corporate and executive projects as needed.
• Generate agendas and attend senior team meetings.
• Interact with senior team members on key projects.
• Book meetings, prepare itineraries, and develop meeting materials.
• Maintain meeting minutes and action lists, coordinate with management regarding follow-up.
• Assist in the preparation of presentations and documents and prepare reports as required.
• Travel planning – intelligent travel booking and scheduling.
• Plan, schedule and manage logistics related to meetings and conferences.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills a must (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Teams)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, be pro-active and work accurately (strong attention to detail) in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with minimal supervision
• Confident dealing in high level situations with exposure to sensitive information, requiring considerable diplomacy, discretion and good judgment
• Post-secondary education and diploma/certificate in Office Administration is considered an asset
• A positive professional, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
• Work collaboratively with others, internal and external, on common projects
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
• This posting will close on December 4, 2019
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
View original article here Source