A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
As a Plant Technician, you will:
• Splice, join, connect and test fibre optic cables; Determine nature, cause and location of trouble
• Diagnose, repair and build all components of an outside coaxial/fiber optic network
• Documenting and reporting on completed Splicing work
• Operate test equipment related to the maintenance of 2-way coaxial and fiber systems including system analyzers, field strength meters, TDR and locators
• Maintain accurate system records and support documentation regarding all work orders
• Work with various internal departments to collaborate and resolve complex, customer-impacting issues in an effective and timely manner
• Various other duties as needed
A typical day
• Responsible for the construction and maintenance of our outside plant network to deliver an exceptional customer experience on a continual basis.
What We Offer:
• Inclusive training that combines classroom theory with practical, hands-on experience
• Comprehensive, employer-paid benefit plan, paid vacation, and investment opportunities
• Discount on Shaw services in addition to national and regional corporate discounts
• Dedicated resources for continuous learning, and career development opportunities across Canada
• Maintain a valid full class-5 driver’s license with annual abstract review
• Comfortable working outside year-round
• Interest in fibre cable splicing (we’ll train you if you’re willing)
• Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work various shifts including evenings, out-of-town work, rotational on-call duties, weekends and statutory holidays when required
• Physically able to perform all aspects of job including working at heights, heavy lifting, and maneuvering through crawl spaces
• Customer-centric focus, and commitment to quality control excellence
• Technical acumen, with a desire to stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends
• Self starter who can discover, develop and coordinate Field projects
• Always performs work with safety on top of mind and adheres to all safety requirements
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
• This role is location-specific
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
View original article here Source